2022 SUMMER PROFESSIONAL LEARNING: BMEsTALK CATALYST AND BMEsTALK INCUBATOR
KNOWLEDGE. CONFIDENCE. ENERGY. STRENGTH. EMPOWERMENT. GROWTH.
If you’re searching for a professional learning opportunity that allows you to reaffirm your “why”, embrace your dynamic energy and channel it for effective leadership, then the BMEsTalk is for you.
July 12th - 15th | In-Person | Atlanta, GA
KICK OFF THE SCHOOL YEAR WITH STRENGTH.
AMPLIFY YOUR CONFIDENCE.
EMBRACE MORE ENERGY THAN EVER BEFORE.
Our Catalyst is an in-person, four-day intensive learning experience. In a group setting, you’re able to network and grow your skills. Learn and expand your horizons with other Black Male Educators in a manner that is conducive to the way you move about life. Our Catalyst will ignite a transformation in the way you lead others while giving you the confidence that you know what you’re doing, allowing you to start the next school year with force.
When you enter our Catalyst, you can rest assured that you’ll leave connected to a strong network of Black Male Educators and with a greater capacity to lead change in your classroom, school, and communities.
- How to leverage the art of storytelling, communicating effectively so that others will be able to comprehend who you truly are, rather than who the world thinks you are.
- How to examine difficult situations in the workplace that stifle professional growth in order to mobilize yourself towards transformational action.
- How to build trust and credibility through culturally responsive and sustaining facilitation practices.
- How to cope with those difficult conversations, exploring communication strategies to reduce and mitigate potential conflict.
- How to disagree effectively and constructively.
- How to boost emotional intelligence to remain calm, focused and clear-headed in situations where emotions run high.
- How others in your group tackled challenges, and ultimately, won success.
If you’re searching for an opportunity that allows you to rediscover your “why,” embrace your dynamic energy and channel it for effective leadership, this is the learning experience for you.
The BMEsTalk Catalyst Daily Themes:
|Day1 –||Claiming our stories|
|Day2 –||Navigating power, privilege, and|
|Day3 –||Demanding our dignity|
|Day4||Visioning for the Future|
The BMEsTalk Catalyst will be held on the following dates:
|Tuesday,||July 12, 2022|
|Wednesday,||July 13, 2022|
|Thursday,||July 14, 2022|
|Friday,||July 15, 2022|
Each registration includes
July 12, 2022 - May 22, 2023 | In-Person & Virtual | Atlanta, GA
INTELLIGENCE IS POWER.
A NETWORK IS CRITICAL.
DEVELOP YOUR STRATEGY.
PUT INTO PRACTICE FOR THE NEXT 10 YEARS.
Our Incubator program is a 10-month facilitative leadership certificate program that requires both in-person and virtual participation. This one-of-a-kind program is what you need to unlock greater leadership potential to better serve your students and drive impactful change in your community for the next 10 years.
Upon completion, you’ll walk away with:
- Newfound knowledge to create strategies for change and design initiatives that are impactful and sustainable across your schools, organizations and communities.
- Structures and processes to address the academic and social challenges our students face every day.
- The ability to discover and adapt your personal leadership style to motivate for change.
- The unmatched and exclusive opportunity to join and lead with our BMEsTalk team on future projects.
Our Incubator combines networking, coaching, and training to leverage the passion and collective wisdom of a cohort of Black Male Educators. This training will help you evolve on a personal level in order to design strategies that increase student belonging, student joy, and student achievement.
Expertly designed, and customized to meet your needs, our Incubator will help you make a direct connection between learning and application in daily practice. Our cohort model enhances the speed of learning while encouraging both personal and professional success. When you enroll in our Incubator, you can rest assured that you’ll leave as a true leader.
BMEsTalk Incubator opportunity teaches you:
- How to manage ambiguous and unpredictable situations, preparing you for complex challenges that don’t have simple solutions.
- To identify, analyze, and explore the predominant issues within your classroom and school.
- Provide strategies to help you embrace those issues as challenges rather than problems.
- To apply the principles of adult learning theory to cultivate a positive learning culture for adults.
- Navigate the “norms” of white dominant culture in the workplace.
- How to respect, embrace, and develop emotional intelligence within a leadership role.
- Address issues within your workplace where emotions run high.
- To unmask quiet power and use it as a key tool for valuable leadership.
If you are ready to explore fresh ways of thinking, discover exciting new directions, and build a global network that will last a lifetime this is the certificate program for you.
The BMEsTalk Incubator Program Themes
|1-Day Orientation Retreat :||An Introduction to Facilitative Leadership|
|8 virtual Breakthrough Coaching Calls :||Practice Makes Improvement|
|2-Day Closing Retreat :||The Art of Facilitative Leadership in Practice|
The BMEsTalk Incubator Program Schedule
Click here for the required in-person and virtual commitments
BMEsTalk Incubator registration includes
- BMEsTalk Incubator Resource Toolkit
- BMEsTalk Swag — custom lapel pin, polo-shirt, and more
- Catered lunch each day of the retreats
- Complimentary seat to BMEsTalk Incubator Dinner and Awards Ceremony
- BMEsTalk Facilitative Leadership Certificate
BMEsTalk Incubator Registration cost is
$3,995* per person
or payment plan available.
*plus taxes and fees
Thanks to a few generous sponsors, we have a select number of scholarships available to cover registration fees only. To apply for a scholarship, complete this BMEsTalk Scholarship Application form.
|Adult Learning Theory:||The method and process by which adults learn|
|Conflict Mitigation:||Actions and processes that are sensitive to conflict and do not increase tensions and aim to address causes of conflict and change the way that those involved act and perceive the issues.|
|Emotional Intelligence:||The ability to understand, use, and manage your own emotions in positive ways to relieve stress, communi cate effectively, empathize with others, overcome challenges and defuse conflict.|
|Entrepreneurial mindset:||A specific set of beliefs, knowledge, and thought processes that drives entrepreneurial behavior.|
|Facilitative Leadership:||A leadership approach based on the African proverb, “If you want to go fast, go alone; but if you want to go far, go together”.|
|Person Storytelling:||Vividly describing ideas, beliefs, personal experiences, and life- lessons through stories or narratives that evoke powerful emotions and insights.|