Black male students benefit from having a Black male teacher, with research findings noting lower dropout rates, fewer disciplinary issues, more positive views of schooling and better test scores.
Black Male Educators are the only one (or one of few) at their schools,, districts, and other institutions.
Black Male Educators experience burnout with the many additional roles (disciplinarian, mentor, tutor, counselor, coach and expert on all things Black boys) they are asked to play, most often for little to no additional financial compensation.
Black Male Educators are scene as behavior managers as opposed to instructional leaders
Supporting Our Work
- Natasha HarrisonCommunityBuild Ventures
- Sheronde GloverThe Business Practitioner
- Pharlone ToussaintAudacity
- Allison ToddSIMAR INC
- Trequita OvertonDream Big Baby, Inc
- Neith SankofaThe Light Warrior Sistar Hood